The Agricultural sector is a crucial industry that provides over 60% of the food we consume.
It plays a vital role in our economy and well-being and, at BES Group, we are committed to helping our agricultural customers address their challenges and achieve sustainable growth and operational excellence. With our team of specialist engineer surveyors, we provide comprehensive, end-to-end risk management services that help our clients’ operations run smoothly, remain compliant with all the relevant regulations, and, most importantly, keep them and their people safe.
Explore our specialist services
From electrical inspections ensuring compliance and safety to statutory inspections designed to keep your critical assets and equipment in peak condition, our comprehensive services are designed to elevate your operations and keep your people safe. Explore the depth of our expertise and discover how our services help to meet the unique requirements of this dynamic sector.
How BES Group can support you
Our team specialises in conducting regulatory compliant inspections, covering critical equipment, including:
- LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations) – this regulation ensures that lifting equipment, including lifts, forklifts, mobile elevated work platforms, lifting accessories, pallet trucks, and many more are safe for use.
- PSSR (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations) – PSSR covers assets that contain pressure (check), such as boilers and refrigeration plants.
- PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) inspections – PUWER makes sure that all work equipment used in the agriculture industry are fit for purpose. Some examples of assets that fall under this include work tools like drills.
These assessments are crucial in identifying and rectifying potential hazards associated with lifting equipment, pressure systems, and work equipment, and promoting a secure working environment.
Specialist electrical inspections
Entrust your electrical safety to BES Group with our comprehensive electrical solutions
Our electrical engineers deliver a wide range of specialist electrical solutions that can be tailored to your bespoke requirements. Whether you want to upgrade your distribution boards, or assure compliance at your site with our accredited fixed wire test offering, we have the solution that’s right for you. Our proactive approach is here to minimise the risk of electrical failures from impacting you and your business, while enhancing the overall reliability of your agricultural operations.
Our expert electrical service offering includes:
- Fixed Wire Testing (Electrical Installation Condition Report)
- PAT Testing
- Thermal Imaging
- Corrective maintenance
- Electrical Installation Projects, including LED light installation, distribution board upgrades, and fire alarm installation.
End-to-end asset maintenance
Empower your agricultural operations with our proactive Condition-Based Maintenance Services, safeguarding your machinery's health and optimising yields.
As part of our commitment to preventive measures, our Condition-Based Maintenance Services, cutting edge technology, and predictive maintenance strategies can help you to ensure the continuous health and optimal performance of your agricultural machinery, while:
- Avoiding unplanned downtime
- Extending the lifespan of your equipment
- Optimising operational efficiency.
For agribusinesses looking to save money by cutting their energy costs, our services could prove crucial in identifying leaks and saving you money. These include:
- Air leak surveys, designed to find and quantify costly leaks on compressed air and gas systems
- Thermography is the ideal non-intrusive, predictive maintenance tool for spotting hidden abnormal temperature distribution and identifying faults such as bearing failures, faulty electrical connections, or overloaded circuits.
At BES Group, we understand that the agricultural sector demands tailored solutions, and our suite of risk management services are designed to support your operations seamlessly. Trust us to be your partner in cultivating a safe, reliable, and productive agricultural environment.
Why choose us
End-to-end risk management
We can save you the trouble of having multiple contracts for your essential inspection and servicing schedules with our complete end-to-end risk management service.
With our experience in the industry, BES Group can help to ensure your machinery and equipment are in the best possible condition, boosting production and efficiency in your system.
BES Group's service offering for this sector is here to help ensure the safety of your workers and equipment.
Our team of specialists can help you to reduce downtime in your daily operations with our expert service.
Did you know...
reduction in the risk of serious injuries can be achieved with LOLER inspections, estimated by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
people were killed in the Agricultural sector between 2022 and 2023, according to the Health and Safety Executive. The Agricultural Sector has the highest rate of fatal injury than any other sector in the UK.
of farmers in England and Wales were not aware of all the relevant health and safety regulations, according to a 2019 study by the Farm Safety Partnership.