Structural Inspections and Surveys
Pioneering structural assessment services
As a forefront provider of structural inspections and surveys, BES Group takes pride in delivering unparalleled expertise for critical infrastructure. Our expansive array of services is meticulously designed to assist you in recognising and resolving potential issues with your assets, ensuring their safety and optimal maintenance.
How BES Group can support you
Rail Structural Inspections
BES Group stands as a prominent provider, specialising in delivering top-notch structural inspections and comprehensive rail access planning services. Our commitment to excellence is evident in the meticulous approach we take towards structural inspections, aligning with the exacting NR/L3/CIV/006 standard. Our personnel, equipped with a diverse skill set, are certified to conduct these critical inspections through our robust Competency Management System.
Our dedicated team encompasses individuals certified across all Structural Examiner (STE) competencies, demonstrating our unwavering commitment to competence and expertise. From STE1 (Asset Manager) and STE2 (Reviewing Engineer) to STE3 (Minor Structures), STE4 (Major Structures), STE5 (Buildings), STE6 (Tunnels), and STE7 (Underwaters), our certified professionals cover the entire spectrum of structural inspection requirements.
In the realm of Rail Access Planning, our teams boast significant experience in the intricate scheduling and management of railway possessions and isolations. With a proven track record, we effectively oversee and coordinate more than 500 worksites annually. Our comprehensive services extend to the deployment of essential resources, including track safety staff, isolation teams, and other critical personnel ensuring the highest standards of safety and compliance.
BES Group’s dedication to excellence, stringent adherence to industry standards, and the deployment of certified experts across various competencies make us the preferred choice for structural inspections and rail access planning. Trust us to manage your critical infrastructure needs with precision and expertise.Find out how BES Group has support you
Highways Structural Inspections
Within the BES Group, our team of highly skilled Infrastructure engineers specialises in delivering a comprehensive suite of specialist highways inspection services. Our offerings encompass a wide range of inspections, including general, principal, special, and underwater inspections, along with pre-opening inspections, CCTV and sonar surveys, and meticulous bridge and structure monitoring. Additionally, our expertise extends to condition indexations, ensuring a thorough assessment of infrastructure integrity.
What sets BES Group apart from its competitors lies in the calibre of its personnel. Every member of our engineering and technical staff possesses professional engineering qualifications or has successfully completed an extensive competency program culminating in the prestigious Lantra BICS certification. This unique qualification ensures that our reports are not only crafted by engineers but are also tailored to meet the discerning standards of fellow engineers. Each report undergoes a rigorous review and sign-off process by a Chartered Engineer with extensive inspection and design experience, guaranteeing the highest level of accuracy and reliability.
Adding further value to our reports, BES Group offers:
- A spectrum of visual aids from simple sketches to full 3D models
- In-depth analyses, including riverbed cross-sections, soundings, and bed material sampling
- Budget cost estimates, prioritisation, and meticulous preparation of contracts, specifications, and Bills of Quantities for repairs or remedial works
- High-definition photographs and videography capturing intricate details
- Automated report submission facilitated through handheld data capture on-site • Rigorous risk analysis evaluating integrity concerns arising from defects
Property Buildings and Car Park Surveys
BES Group takes pride in our team of Surveyors, industry-leading experts in delivering specialised testing and investigations crucial for ensuring the safety and optimal maintenance of diverse infrastructures. Our comprehensive services encompass asbestos surveys, drainage surveys, and timber surveys, addressing the varied needs of clients ranging from local government to contracting organizations and principal asset owners.
Supported by a robust in-house survey team and a well-established supply chain, we possess the capability to meet the demands of even the most intricate projects. Our unwavering commitment lies in furnishing high-quality services and producing clear and concise reports. These reports serve as invaluable tools, empowering our clients with the information needed to make informed decisions about their assets.
Our expert property survey team excels in conducting building and property surveys across a broad spectrum of locations, including but not limited to:
- Educational Facilities
- Operational Railway Stations and Depots
- Medical Establishments
- Multi-storey car parks
- And many more
Backed by a team of competent and experienced Surveyors and Engineers, we offer a comprehensive suite of services tailored to meet your specific requirements. This includes proficiency in conducting both Fabric and Mechanical and Electrical Surveys, ensuring a holistic approach to surveying that addresses all facets of your infrastructure.Find out how BES Group has support you
Retaining Walls Structural Inspections
Retaining walls, vital structures designed to restrain soil or rock, serve purposes ranging from creating terraces on slopes to preventing erosion. Crafted from various materials like masonry, brick, and sheet piles, these walls demand careful inspection to ensure their integrity and safety.
At BES Group, we offer a comprehensive suite of retaining wall inspection services. Our team of highly experienced examiners specialises in scrutinising your retaining wall for potential defects, including but not limited to cracks, bulging, or misalignment. Additionally, we meticulously check for any blockages in the weep holes, ensuring the overall structural soundness of the wall.
Following our thorough examination, we provide you with a detailed report outlining our findings and offering recommendations for any necessary repairs or remediation. Beyond inspection, our services extend to assisting you in planning and managing essential logistics, such as road closures or rail possessions, ensuring a comprehensive approach to retaining wall maintenance and safety.Find out how BES Group has support you
Why are Retaining Wall Inspections important?
Retaining wall inspections are important because they can help to identify any potential problems with the wall before they cause serious damage. Retaining walls can be damaged by a variety of factors, including:
1. Weather: Rain, snow, and ice can all damage retaining walls.
2. Erosion: Erosion can undermine the foundation of a retaining wall, causing it to fail.
3. Vegetation: Roots from trees and shrubs can damage retaining walls.
4. Poor construction: Retaining walls that are not properly constructed are more likely to fail.
Why are Property Buildings and Car Park Surveys Important?
Property buildings and car park surveys are important for a number of reasons, including:
1. To identify and assess the condition of the property and any potential risks. This can help to prevent accidents and injuries, extend the life of the property, and save money on repairs and maintenance in the long run.
2. To comply with building regulations and other legal requirements. For example, in the UK, it is a legal requirement to have a fire risk assessment carried out on all commercial properties.
3. To obtain insurance. Most insurance companies will require a survey of the property before they issue a policy.
4. To sell or lease the property. Buyers and tenants will often want to have a survey carried out before they make an offer.
5. To make informed decisions about the property. This can be especially important if you are planning to renovate or remodel the property.
Why are Highways Inspections Important?
Highways structural inspections are important for several reasons, including:
1. To ensure the safety of the public and road users. Highways carry a large volume of traffic every day, and it is important to ensure that they are safe to use. Structural inspections can help to identify any potential problems with the highway, such as cracks in the pavement or damage to bridges and other structures.
2. To extend the life of the highway and save money on repairs and maintenance in the long run. By identifying and addressing problems early on, highways can be kept in good condition for longer. This can save money on repairs and maintenance, and also reduce the need for disruptive road closures.
Why are Rail Structural Inspections important?
Rail structural inspections are important for a number of reasons, including:
1. To ensure the safety of passengers and railway staff. Rail travel is generally considered to be a very safe mode of transportation, but accidents can still happen. Rail structural inspections can help to identify any potential problems with the railway infrastructure, such as cracks in the rails or damage to bridges and tunnels. This can help to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of passengers and railway staff.
2. To extend the life of the railway infrastructure and save money on repairs and maintenance in the long run. By identifying and addressing problems early on, the railway infrastructure can be kept in good condition for longer. This can save money on repairs and maintenance and reduce the need for disruptive railway closures.
Why choose us
Our Inspection for Assessment staff are all certified to STE4 with additional training and assessment specifically for IFAs.
Our access methodologies are cost-effective for large properties, reducing the need for expensive scaffolding. We are experts in working in tight spaces where traditional mobile access plant cannot reach.
35,000 satisfied customers
We've built a strong reputation for providing exceptional service to over 35,000 satisfied customers from diverse industries. Our unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction has resulted in long-standing partnerships and unwavering trust.
800+ expert engineers
Our team of over 800 skilled engineers possesses a wealth of knowledge and expertise in a range of disciplines. Their deep understanding of your equipment and operating conditions ensures that they deliver proactive solutions that optimise asset performance and minimise downtime
A legacy of 160+ years of experience
With over 160 years of experience in the industry, we've witnessed the evolution of industry practices and have adapted our approach to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. Our deep understanding of asset management, compliance and predictive technologies enables us to deliver cutting-edge solutions that drive operational excellence.
Hear what our customers have to say
We care about the journey we take our customers on, but it’s not our word you should be taking, see what our customers think of the service we provided!
We have been with BES for the past 5 years and don’t plan on switching providers. They are very flexible with their services and are able to bring the best inspectors who can deal with on the ground challenges and build real relationships with clients.
Global Technical Services Manager
The BES inspectors are way more technically competent and diligent compared to other providers. I previously used Allianz, and BES definitely stands out due to their strong technical competence and strong back office support.
Project Operations Manager
BES is a really disruptive force in the market, they are able to provide a variety of necessary services to their customers and none of the other big players are able to provide that breadth of services.